NewsCertificate of Performance exam options
Certificate of Performance exam options for 2021 Metro Music second session Read more...
NewsGrades 1, 5, 6 and 7 Speech & Performance Theory now online
Speech & Performance Theory G 1 & G 5 - 7 can now be taken online Read more...
NewsVideo Repertoire exam preparation
Information to help prepare for a Video Repertoire exam
NewsCollaborative exams in 2021
Collaborative exams are permitted in 2021, other than piano duets.
NewsNew Transfer and Rescheduling Policy
New policies providing more flexible options for candidates wishing to Read more...
Guide to uploading to YouTube and submitting to AMEB (NSW)
Once a candidate has been enrolled into a Video Repertoire Exam, the enroller has 21 days from the date of enrolment to submit a Video Submission form to AMEB (NSW). However, the candidate or enrolling person must first upload their video repertoire exam recording to YouTube.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions on how to upload your video repertoire exam recording. The instructions will guide you through the upload process for those using either a pc/web browser or a mobile/tablet device.
It is important to note that you must set your uploaded video as an 'unlisted' video setting. This privacy setting is important so the video can be shared with AMEB but will not appear in YouTube search results. The instructions will take you through how to do this.
Once you have uploaded the video to YouTube DO NOT change the video setting - it must be kept as unlisted. Any other setting will delay your video being examined.
Complete the submission form:
You will need:
- Enroller/teacher name, AMEB teacher number and email address
- Candidate name, number, date of birth and email address
- Instrument category, subject and grade
- Copied YouTube link
- Composer and title of each piece
- Supervisor details
After submitting the form successfully, you will receive a confirmation email. Check your junk folder if you have not received it in your inbox. This is confirmation that your submission was received. You do not need to contact the AMEB (NSW) office unless a confirmation email has not been received by the following day.
For your video to be assessable and submitted correctly, please ensure:
- the candidate clearly states their name, date (including year), subject and grade at the start of the video.
- the entire video has been recorded in one continuous take from the beginning of the candidate's introduction to the end of the last piece.
- the video was recorded no earlier than three (3) weeks prior to enrolment and no later than three (3) weeks after enrolment (videos recorded in 2020 are not accepted).
- the video setting in YouTube is 'Unlisted'.
- you have checked the syllabus requirements for Repertoire Exams.
- you have checked the quality and completeness of the video yourself before submitting.
- both hands (instruments), feet/pedals (piano) or whole body (voice) can be easily seen.
- the video is NOT in mirror image.
- for grade 8 only - the candidate has shown photo ID (eg student card, driver's licence or passport) at the start of the video.
- you do not use other file sharing systems. YouTube is the only way to submit your video for examination.
> Exam preparation
> Enrolment process
> Recording your video
> Uploading & submitting your video
> Exam viewing and results
> Music Video exam submission form
> Drama and Communication Video exam submission form