News2020 Speech & Drama Workshop
The next Speech & Drama workshop will be held on Sunday 16 February 2020 Read more...
News2020 Trumpet Syllabus Workshop
New trumpet syllabus workshop will be held on Sunday 16 February 2020.
Our office will be closed from Friday 20 December 2019 to Monday 13 January Read more...
NewsPreparing for Exam success in 2020
Choose the correct exam, avoiding additional fees and nasty surprises on Read more...
NewsNews for Piano teachers
2020 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
AMEB (NSW) makes every effort to ensure that exams comply with published policies and procedures.
There may be occasions when teachers, parents and/or candidates wish to lodge a formal appeal.
Formal procedures are available to appeal an exam result and to ensure:
- teachers, parents and/or candidates are treated with respect and equity and
- AMEB (NSW) staff and/or examiners are provided with the right of reply
All formal appeals to AMEB (NSW) are treated with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Correspondence is only accepted from the enrolling person. AMEB (NSW) will not accept or act upon anonymous appeals.
Grounds for Appeal
Appeals will be considered on the following grounds:
- The examination report is not consistent with the result awarded
- The examination report is inconsistent with syllabus objectives
- Studio facilities had a direct and substantially adverse affect on the candidate's performance
Appeals will be upheld by the AMEB if any one of the conditions is deemed to have been breached.
If an appeal is upheld, the candidate may retake the examination at no cost and must perform the same program. Where possible, different examiners will examine the candidate. At least one of the examiners must be different.
Appeals are available to Associate Diploma candidates in relation to Award versus Non Award.
It is not possible to appeal to change the grade from Award to Distinction.
How to appeal Associate Diploma exams
The enrolling person must submit the Associate Diploma Appeal form to lodge an appeal.
The form must be signed by:
- the enrolling person,
- the teacher, if they did not enrol the candidate and
- the candidate if they are over 18 years of age.
Appeals must be submitted to AMEB (NSW) within 10 business days of the exam report being uploaded to AMEB Connect.
Licentiate Diploma exam appeals must be lodged with the Federal AMEB office.
The AMEB (NSW) will appoint an appeals tribunal comprising:
- Chief Examiner for the instrument concerned
- An AMEB (NSW) Board member
- A member of the Examinations Committee
to review the appeal.
After due consideration by tribunal of the issues raised, a written response will be provided.
Due to the nature of the appeals procedure, Diploma exam appeals can take up to three months to finalise.
The decision of the tribunal is final. No further correspondence will be entered into.