NewsNew Horn syllabus
A new French Horn syllabus is available for examination in 2022
NewsNotice of Withdrawal - face to face Theory grade exams
2022 is the last year for face to face Theory exams
NewsRevised Trombone and Euphonium syllabuses
Revised syllabuses for Trombone, Bass Trombone and Euphonium are available Read more...
NewsNew Violin syllabus
A new Violin syllabus is available for examination in 2022
NewsNews for Trumpet teachers
Only new Trumpet syllabus available for examination.
Choose your exam
- Choose your grade and exam type with your teacher
- Go to your subject page on the website for an outline of your grade requirements and other useful information
- Refer to the relevant AMEB Syllabus for more detailed information about your exam. Your teacher should have a copy of the syllabus.
- Shop for your grade books and other resources at the AMEB (NSW) online shop. If you haven't shopped with us before you just need to join AMEB Connect to shop
- Regular practice will help ensure a good result
- Talk to your teacher about whether you will need an accompanist for your exam
- Enrolments can only be submitted online in AMEB Connect
- Who can enrol?
- Follow our pre-enrolment checklist to ensure you have all the information you need to enrol in an AMEB exam
- Haven't enrolled before? Follow our step by step guide to enrolling a student in an AMEB exam.
- Check your Confirmation of Enrolment email carefully
- The Notice of Examination will be uploaded to AMEB Connect for the enrolling person to view, email and print
Before Exam Day
- Follow our exam day checklist to ensure everything goes smoothly
- Remember to bring a printed copy of your Notice of Examination
- Bring your original music
- Arrive at your exam venue 20 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time
Sit your Exam
- Take your Notice of Examination into the exam room and hand it to your examiner before your exam commences
- Show your Photo ID to the examiner if you are sitting a Grade 8 exam or above
- Enjoy the experience. Your examiner wants you to do well and understands you may have some nerves.
- When and who will receive your exam results?
- How are exam grades determined?
- Does the grade you sat have any additional requirements, such as a written exam?
- Receiving your certificate
Choose your next exam
- Now you can move on to your next chosen music or speech and drama goal!