NewsTemporary pause on face-to-face exam enrolments
Pause on enrolments to both Metropolitan and Regional face-to-face exams Read more...
NewsGrades 1, 5, 6 and 7 Speech & Performance Theory now online
Speech & Performance Theory G 1 & G 5 - 7 can now be taken online Read more...
NewsVideo Repertoire exam preparation
Information to help prepare for a Video Repertoire exam
News2020 Teaching Awards Results
NewsCollaborative exams in 2021
Collaborative exams are permitted in 2021, other than piano duets.
Choose your exam
- Choose your grade and exam type with your teacher
- Go to your subject page on the website for an outline of your grade requirements and other useful information
- Refer to the relevant AMEB Syllabus for more detailed information about your exam. Your teacher should have a copy of the syllabus.
- Shop for your grade books and other resources at the AMEB (NSW) online shop. If you haven't shopped with us before you just need to join AMEB Connect to shop
- Regular practice will help ensure a good result
- Talk to your teacher about whether you will need an accompanist for your exam
- Enrolments can only be submitted online in AMEB Connect
- Who can enrol?
- Follow our pre-enrolment checklist to ensure you have all the information you need to enrol in an AMEB exam
- Haven't enrolled before? Follow our step by step guide to enrolling a student in an AMEB exam.
- Check your Confirmation of Enrolment email carefully
- The Notice of Examination will be uploaded to AMEB Connect for the enrolling person to view, email and print
Before Exam Day
- Follow our exam day checklist to ensure everything goes smoothly
- Remember to bring a printed copy of your Notice of Examination
- Bring your original music
- Arrive at your exam venue 20 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time
Sit your Exam
- Take your Notice of Examination into the exam room and hand it to your examiner before your exam commences
- Show your Photo ID to the examiner if you are sitting a Grade 8 exam or above
- Enjoy the experience. Your examiner wants you to do well and understands you may have some nerves.
- When and who will receive your exam results?
- How are exam grades determined?
- Does the grade you sat have any additional requirements, such as a written exam?
- Receiving your certificate
Choose your next exam
- Now you can move on to your next chosen music or speech and drama goal!