Notices of Examination Letters will not be posted to enrollers in this COVID-19 year. Enrollers should watch for email notification of exam dates, which will be sent as soon as exams are scheduled. Notices must be downloaded and printed by logging into AMEB Connect or can be emailed directly to students.
You will need to download the Notice of Examination from AMEB Connect to print at home, write in the pieces you are…READ MORE
AMEB (NSW) contacted a handful of people who have already experienced the new Video Repertoire exam from a variety of perspectives. Our panel of respondents included a private studio piano teacher, a music school that teaches singing and musical theatre, an AMEB (NSW) examiner who has both examined and prepared his own candidates for AMEB Video Repertoire exams, and a multi-instrumentalist school music teacher who has enrolled…READ MORE
Extensions of time for Video Repertoire Exam submissions are available.
- A request for an extension to submit your video must be received by the AMEB (NSW) office not later than the original video submission date.
- An administration fee of $20 per candidate per exam will be charged for any video exam extension request.
- Once this form is received and processed, an extension of up to one month will be…
Repertoire exams are now available for the Accordion syllabus, from Preliminary to Grade 8. This is the only option for Accordion grade exams in 2020.
Repertoire exams provide an option for candidates to present for an AMEB assessment with repertoire (List pieces and Own Choice) requirements only. There are no other requirements (Technical Work, General Knowledge, Aural tests or Sight Reading) in the Repertoire examination…READ MORE
Harp Repertoire exams can be taken as Video Repertoire exams in 2020.
Please refer to the Harp syllabus for the detailed requirements of a Harp Repertoire exam. Only List Pieces and Own Choice Pieces need to be prepared for a Repertoire exam. Technical work, aural tests, sight reading and general knowledge are not examined. See more information about Harp…READ MORE
Enrolments will open on Monday 29 June for the following Metro face-to-face exam sessions:
- Metro Music Second Session 03 (Schools and private venues only, all grades)
- Metro Music Second Session 33 (AMEB venues, Grade 8 and Certificate only)
- Music Diploma Session 04
- Metro Speech and Drama Second Session 10 (Grades and Diplomas)
- Speech and Performance Theory Session…
CPM subjects now offered as Video Repertoire Exams
Repertoire exams have been temporarily introduced in 2020 (video exams only) in the following syllabuses:
- Preliminary to Grade 8 CPM Keyboard
- Advancing Step 1 to 4 CPM Bass, Guitar, Drum Kit and Vocals
Repertoire exams provide an option for candidates to present for an AMEB assessment with repertoire (Set Works, Free Choice and Creative…READ MORE