NewsNews for Piano teachers
2020 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
Our office will be closed from Friday 20 December 2019 to Monday 13 January Read more...
NewsPreparing for Exam success in 2020
Choose the correct exam, avoiding additional fees and nasty surprises on Read more...
NewsNew trumpet syllabus coming in November 2019
New Series 2 Trumpet syllabus from November 2019.
NewsNew AMEB Theory Workbooks
Integrated course and workbooks out now
AMEB (NSW) will make special assessment provisions to candidates who provide medical documentation of disability.
Examples of special provisions
Below are examples of special provisions that candidates with disabilities may request.
- Extra time to complete the exam or a reader
- Transcription of papers into large print or Braille
- A scribe to read the questions and transcribe answers
- Substitution of aural tests for sight reading
- Paper of a specified colour
- Seating near the front of the room for written exams
- Exams early or later in the day
Requesting special provisions
Enrollers should inform AMEB (NSW) of the candidate’s special assessment needs:
- using the Special Provisions Request form
- at the time of enrolment
Medical documentation should be mailed to the AMEB (NSW) office at the time of enrolment.
The AMEB (NSW) State Manager and Senior Information Officer assess requests. Applicants are advised of the AMEB (NSW) decision within one month of lodging their request.
For more information, please refer to the AMEB (NSW) Special Provisions policy.