NewsA message from the State Manager, AMEB (NSW)
Dear teachers, candidates and parents,
NewsOld piano syllabus now extended to 2021
Piano candidates can present either Old or New syllabus in 2020 & 2021 Read more...
NewsAMEB (NSW) and COVID-19
AMEB (NSW) has changed exams and procedures in response to the COVID-19 Read more...
NewsNews for Trumpet teachers
From 2020, a new Trumpet syllabus will be examined.
NewsNews for Piano teachers
2021 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
AMEB (NSW) will make special assessment provisions to candidates who provide medical documentation of disability.
Examples of special provisions
Below are examples of special provisions that candidates with disabilities may request.
- Extra time to complete the exam or a reader
- Transcription of papers into large print or Braille
- A scribe to read the questions and transcribe answers
- Substitution of aural tests for sight reading
- Paper of a specified colour
- Seating near the front of the room for written exams
- Exams early or later in the day
Requesting special provisions
Enrollers should inform AMEB (NSW) of the candidate’s special assessment needs:
- using the Special Provisions Request form
- at the time of enrolment
Medical documentation should be mailed to the AMEB (NSW) office at the time of enrolment.
The AMEB (NSW) State Manager and Senior Information Officer assess requests. Applicants are advised of the AMEB (NSW) decision within one month of lodging their request.
For more information, please refer to the AMEB (NSW) Special Provisions policy.