NewsChanges for paper-based written exams
In 2020, paper-based written theory exams only available 'on application'. Read more...
NewsNew trumpet syllabus coming in November 2019
New Series 2 Trumpet syllabus from November 2019.
NewsNew AMEB Theory Workbooks
Integrated course and workbooks out now
Australia Day and Queen's Birthday Honours
NewsAMEB (NSW) 2019 Diploma Presentation Ceremony
AMEB (NSW) held their annual Diploma Presentation Ceremony on Sunday 10 Read more...
AMEB (NSW) will make special assessment provisions to candidates who provide medical documentation of disability.
Examples of special provisions
Below are examples of special provisions that candidates with disabilities may request.
- Extra time to complete the exam or a reader
- Transcription of papers into large print or Braille
- A scribe to read the questions and transcribe answers
- Substitution of aural tests for sight reading
- Paper of a specified colour
- Seating near the front of the room for written exams
- Exams early or later in the day
Requesting special provisions
Enrollers should inform AMEB (NSW) of the candidate’s special assessment needs:
- using the Special Provisions Request form
- at the time of enrolment
Medical documentation should be mailed to the AMEB (NSW) office at the time of enrolment.
The AMEB (NSW) State Manager and Senior Information Officer assess requests. Applicants are advised of the AMEB (NSW) decision within one month of lodging their request.
For more information, please refer to the AMEB (NSW) Special Provisions policy.