NewsA message from the State Manager, AMEB (NSW)
Dear teachers, candidates and parents,
NewsOld piano syllabus now extended to 2021
Piano candidates can present either Old or New syllabus in 2020 & 2021 Read more...
NewsAMEB (NSW) and COVID-19
AMEB (NSW) has changed exams and procedures in response to the COVID-19 Read more...
NewsNews for Trumpet teachers
From 2020, a new Trumpet syllabus will be examined.
NewsNews for Piano teachers
2021 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
AMEB (NSW) invites:
- teachers and
to make use of our music studios at 117 Clarence Street, Sydney, just a short walk from Wynyard station. Each is beautifully appointed and most have grand pianos.
You can hire a practice room for an examination or the studios are perfect to rehearse for an upcoming performance.
How to hire
Studios are available Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 9am and 5pm. Studios are not available on Saturdays.
- 1 – 3 hours: $45 per hour
- Half day (4 consecutive hours): $135
- Full day (up to 8 consecutive hours): $240
- Early start (8.00 – 8.45am): $50 for 45 minutes
- 10 session block (10 hours in 3 months): $300
This is the only studio with a Kawai Shigeru Concert Grand Piano. Availability is extremely limited.
- 1 – 3 hours: $60 per hour
- Half day (4 consecutive hours): $180
- Full day (up to 8 consecutive hours): $320
- All bookings are subject to availability and taken on a first-in booking basis.
- No more than 3 people are to be in the studio at any one time.
- No food or drink (except bottled water) is to be taken into the studios.
- Bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are non-refundable.