NewsNews for Piano teachers
2020 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
Our office will be closed from Friday 20 December 2019 to Monday 13 January Read more...
NewsPreparing for Exam success in 2020
Choose the correct exam, avoiding additional fees and nasty surprises on Read more...
NewsNew trumpet syllabus coming in November 2019
New Series 2 Trumpet syllabus from November 2019.
NewsNew AMEB Theory Workbooks
Integrated course and workbooks out now
AMEB (NSW) invites:
- teachers and
to make use of our music studios at 117 Clarence Street, Sydney, just a short walk from Wynyard station. Each is beautifully appointed and most have grand pianos.
You can hire a practice room for an examination or the studios are perfect to rehearse for an upcoming performance.
How to hire
Studios are available Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 9am and 5pm. Studios are not available on Saturdays.
- For casual bookings, please visit our online booking site. You will be able to see availability for each studio 3 - 4 weeks in advance. If your preferred date is not yet available, please check back later.
- For half day, whole day and 10 session block bookings, please download the booking form and return it to the AMEB (NSW) office by email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 – 3 hours: $45 per hour
- Half day (4 consecutive hours): $135
- Full day (up to 8 consecutive hours): $240
- Early start (8.00 – 8.45am): $50 for 45 minutes
- 10 session block (10 hours in 3 months): $300
This is the only studio with a Kawai Shigeru Concert Grand Piano. Availability is extremely limited.
- 1 – 3 hours: $60 per hour
- Half day (4 consecutive hours): $180
- Full day (up to 8 consecutive hours): $320
- All bookings are subject to availability and taken on a first-in booking basis.
- No more than 3 people are to be in the studio at any one time.
- No food or drink (except bottled water) is to be taken into the studios.
- Bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are non-refundable.