NewsTime to clean up your YouTube account
Please delete old videos from YouTube
NewsNo ID needed for Grade 8 Video exams
Changes to ID requirements for Video Repertoire exams
NewsDetails make the difference
Improve your attention to detail with current syllabus details and exam Read more...
NewsVale Ruth Fitzgerald
NewsGuaranteed exam option
Video Repertoire exams a guaranteed exam option in 2022
Candidates who achieve success at the diploma level receive a diploma (Associate or Licentiate). This award is conferred at our annual Diploma Presentation Ceremony usually held in early March each year for candidates who obtained their diploma in the previous examination year.
Unique to NSW and ACT diploma candidates, an additional distinction medal is awarded to diplomates who received the very highest of examination results for their instrument or subject. The medal is engraved with their name and achievement to honour their outstanding result at this elite level of their Music or Speech and Drama training.
The AMEB Awards are presented annually by the AMEB (NSW) to recognise excellence in teaching. There are currently twelve (12) annual awards, with the possibility of additional awards from time to time as deemed by the AMEB (NSW) Board.
Private teacher awards are issued as follows:
- Keyboard teacher - Preliminary to Grade 6
- Keyboard teacher - Grade 7 to Licentiate
- Stringed instrument teacher - Preliminary to Grade 6
- Woodwind teacher - Preliminary to Grade 6
- Brass and Percussion teacher - Preliminary to Grade 6
- Voice teacher - Preliminary to Grade 6
- Voice or Instrumental teacher - Grade 7 to Licentiate
- Speech and Drama teacher - Preliminary to Licentiate
- Written subjects teacher - Preliminary to Licentiate
Music School/Studio awards are issued as follows:
- All instruments - Preliminary to Grade 6
- All instruments - Grade 7 to Licentiate
A NESA-accredited School award is issued as follows:
- All instruments - Preliminary to Licentiate
More information about the awards can be found on the Teaching Awards Policy page.