We pay tribute to some friends of AMEB (NSW)
NewsAMEB Teaching Awards
2022 Teaching Award Honour Roll
NewsTrumpet Grades 5 and 6
AMEB has launched new grade books for Grades 5 and 6 to enhance the current Read more...
NewsImportant info for your 2023 exams
Details regarding Repertoire exams, Piano, Piano for Leisure and Violin.
NewsClarinet additional works
Manual lists for Level 3 have been refreshed.
Music Video Exam requirements
The requirements of a Video Repertoire Exam are the same as the requirements for a face-to-face Repertoire exam, as published in the AMEB Manual of Music Syllabuses. Please refer to maximum performance times. Please note that Video Repertoire exams will be available for all practical music subjects.
- For P Plate Piano Video exams (P Plate 1, P Plate 2, P Plate 3) - Candidates must prepare three works.
- For Level 1 Video Repertoire Exams (Preliminary to Grade 4) - Candidates must prepare four works: one List A, one List B, one List C + 1 Own Choice work of similar standard.
- For Level 2 Video Repertoire Exams (Grades 5 to 8) - Candidates must prepare five works: 3 List works (see syllabus requirements) + 2 Own Choice works of similar standard.
- For Leisure Video Repertoire Exams (Preliminary to Grade 8) - Candidates must prepare 4 works: A minimum of 2 List works + up to 2 additional works. Additional works can be own choice items of similar standard.
Comparison table of number of pieces required: Comprehensive vs Repertoire
Comparison table of number of pieces required: For Leisure vs For Leisure Repertoire
Speech and Drama Video Exam requirements
Speech and Drama candidates may present for an individual Drama and Communication exam.
For Drama & Communication Video Exams (Introductory to Grade 6)
- Candidates can adapt programs they might currently be preparing for Speech and Performance or Voice and Communication or they could develop an entirely new program. The Foreword of the Drama and Communication syllabus provides encouraging information that, with a creative approach, makes this a worthwhile opportunity. Teachers, taking into account the age and experience of their students, will decide the most appropriate Drama and Communication Grade to undertake.
- Candidates will present their linked program in an uninterrupted video performance. Talks with visual support/props, costumes, music ….suggestions for preparation are provided for each grade.
- Please note that only Option 3 of the Individual exam will be possible. The Discussion section, and the Improvisation section for Grades 5 and 6, will not be included in the Video exam.
Please refer to the Manual of Speech & Drama Syllabuses for details of examination requirements, including maximum video times.
Contact AMEB (NSW) Chief Examiner, Vicki Clancy, via the AMEB (NSW) office for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org
A member of AMEB (NSW)’s administrative team would be pleased to answer any questions concerning Video Repertoire Exams and may be contacted by completing the Video Exams Enquiry Form.