NewsExam Dates for 2021
Exam dates announced for fist half 2021. Video Repertoire Exams will Read more...
NewsAMEB Grade 4 Theory books
Available for pre-order
NewsVideo exams – dipping your toe in the great unknown!
Feedback from enrollers & examiners about their Video Repertoire Exam Read more...
NewsAccordion Repertoire syllabus
Accordion subjects now offered as Video Repertoire Exams only (in 2020)
NewsHarp exams can be taken by video
Video Repertoire Exams are now available for Harp exams in 2020
The AMEB Awards are presented annually by the AMEB (NSW) to recognise excellence in teaching.
There are fifteen (15) annual awards, with the possibility of additional awards from time to time as deemed by the AMEB (NSW) Board.
To more closely align with the exam levels defined by AMEB:
- Level 1 – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 – Grade 5 to Certificate
- Level 3 – Associate and Licentiate
AMEB (NSW) will be awarding an additional two teaching awards from the 2019 examination year onward.
For the category of Private Keyboard teachers, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 Keyboard teacher – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 Keyboard teacher – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 Keyboard teacher – Associate and Licentiate
Private teaching awards for other instruments will now include both Level 1 and Level 2 exam results for teachers in each instrument category. The top award for the combined Instrumental/Vocal category will reflect the results for diploma level examinations (Level 3) only from 2019, based on the teachers’ top 5 diploma exam results.
For the category of Music Schools/Studios, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 all instruments – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 all instruments – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 all instruments – Associate and Licentiate
More information about the awards can be found on the Teaching Awards Policy page.