NewsNews for Piano teachers
2020 is the final year where both old and new piano syllabuses are examined Read more...
Our office will be closed from Friday 20 December 2019 to Monday 13 January Read more...
NewsPreparing for Exam success in 2020
Choose the correct exam, avoiding additional fees and nasty surprises on Read more...
NewsNew trumpet syllabus coming in November 2019
New Series 2 Trumpet syllabus from November 2019.
NewsNew AMEB Theory Workbooks
Integrated course and workbooks out now
The AMEB Awards are presented annually by the AMEB (NSW) to recognise excellence in teaching.
There are fifteen (15) annual awards, with the possibility of additional awards from time to time as deemed by the AMEB (NSW) Board.
To more closely align with the exam levels defined by AMEB:
- Level 1 – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 – Grade 5 to Certificate
- Level 3 – Associate and Licentiate
AMEB (NSW) will be awarding an additional two teaching awards from the 2019 examination year onward.
For the category of Private Keyboard teachers, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 Keyboard teacher – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 Keyboard teacher – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 Keyboard teacher – Associate and Licentiate
Private teaching awards for other instruments will now include both Level 1 and Level 2 exam results for teachers in each instrument category. The top award for the combined Instrumental/Vocal category will reflect the results for diploma level examinations (Level 3) only from 2019, based on the teachers’ top 5 diploma exam results.
For the category of Music Schools/Studios, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 all instruments – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 all instruments – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 all instruments – Associate and Licentiate
More information about the awards can be found on the Teaching Awards Policy page.