NewsTemporary pause on face-to-face exam enrolments
Pause on enrolments to both Metropolitan and Regional face-to-face exams Read more...
NewsGrades 1, 5, 6 and 7 Speech & Performance Theory now online
Speech & Performance Theory G 1 & G 5 - 7 can now be taken online Read more...
NewsVideo Repertoire exam preparation
Information to help prepare for a Video Repertoire exam
News2020 Teaching Awards Results
NewsCollaborative exams in 2021
Collaborative exams are permitted in 2021, other than piano duets.
The AMEB Awards are presented annually by the AMEB (NSW) to recognise excellence in teaching.
There are fifteen (15) annual awards, with the possibility of additional awards from time to time as deemed by the AMEB (NSW) Board.
To more closely align with the exam levels defined by AMEB:
- Level 1 – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 – Grade 5 to Certificate
- Level 3 – Associate and Licentiate
AMEB (NSW) will be awarding an additional two teaching awards from the 2019 examination year onward.
For the category of Private Keyboard teachers, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 Keyboard teacher – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 Keyboard teacher – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 Keyboard teacher – Associate and Licentiate
Private teaching awards for other instruments will now include both Level 1 and Level 2 exam results for teachers in each instrument category. The top award for the combined Instrumental/Vocal category will reflect the results for diploma level examinations (Level 3) only from 2019, based on the teachers’ top 5 diploma exam results.
For the category of Music Schools/Studios, there will now be three awards issued as follows:
- Level 1 all instruments – Preliminary to Grade 4
- Level 2 all instruments – Grade 5 to Certificate of Performance
- Level 3 all instruments – Associate and Licentiate
More information about the awards can be found on the Teaching Awards Policy page.