AMEB (NSW) is pleased to announce a new and improved video exam submission process commencing from the Video Exam Second Session (Session 21). Please read the following carefully before enrolling.
The enroller is to upload directly to AMEB Connect:
- video recording
- exam repertoire (title and composer)
- supervisor name and phone number
- YouTube and TryBooking will no longer be used.
- Any video recordings NOT submitted by the video submission due date, will be automatically withdrawn and enrolment fees forfeited.
- The enroller completes the entire process. This could be either the teacher, parent or another enrolling adult.
The enroller can view additional information about the video exam in AMEB Connect including:
- the video submission due date (displayed after enrolment)
- the date the video was submitted
- the ‘video details’ that were submitted
The enroller will receive a reminder email one week before the video submission due date.
Want to learn about how to upload via AMEB Connect?
Click here to watch a short video which will guide you through the upload process.
Video submission process
1. When the candidate is nearly ready to record, enrol via AMEB Connect.
2. The enroller has 21 days from the date of enrolment to submit the video recording to AMEB (NSW). The video submission due date can be viewed under ‘My Candidates’. For example, this is what you will see:
3. Enrollers will receive a reminder email one week prior to the video submission due date.
4. The enroller will log into AMEB Connect, then click on 'My Candidates' to find the enrolled candidate.
5. Click 'submit video' under the candidate name.
6. Upload the video file and complete all sections of the form regarding the program and supervisor details.
7. Click 'submit'.
8. You will be taken back to ‘My Candidates’ where you can check that the video was successfully submitted. For example, this is what you will see:
It's that easy.
*Please note that the Rockschool video exam submission process will NOT change and will still require videos to be uploaded to YouTube and submitted via the TryBooking submission form.
The recording requirements for recording the video remain the same, including:
- the candidate clearly states their name, date (including year), subject and grade at the start of the video.
- the entire video must be recorded in one continuous take from the beginning of the candidate's introduction to the end of the last piece (have only one video recording).
- the video must be recorded no earlier than three (3) weeks prior to enrolment and no later than three (3) weeks after enrolment.
- It is the enroller's responsibility to ensure they watch the video recording for sound quality, appropriate video angle and completeness prior to uploading in AMEB Connect.
- Any video recording submitted to AMEB (NSW) for a Video Repertoire Exam must be used for exam purposes only and cannot be uploaded to any public sites.
- NOTE - Any video recordings NOT submitted by the video submission due date will be automatically withdrawn and enrolment fees forfeited.