Providing quality assessments in music, speech and drama throughout NSW and the ACT.
Enrolments for AMEB (NSW) examinations opened on 18 January 2016.
All enrolments can be submitted online using AMEB Connect. If you are an existing teacher or private enroller with AMEB (NSW), you will be able to access your student records from previous years to make the enrolling process much faster. If you are a new teacher or private enroller with AMEB (NSW), and you need to create an AMEB Connect login – just click ‘Get Access’ and follow the prompts.
All enrolments can only be submitted by a teacher, parent, legal guardian or candidate (if over 18).
2016 Examination dates and closing dates
AMEB (NSW) has a new set of awards to acknowledge outstanding teachers, music studios and schools. These awards replace the Teaching Shields and will be presented at the 2016 Presentation Ceremony. More details are available.
Piano accompanists are required in examinations for a number of instruments. Details of these requirements can be found in the Manual of Syllabuses. To assist teachers and parents in contacting an accompanist, the NSW Accompanists Guild provides a directory on their website. Please note that the information contained in the directory has been compiled by the NSW Accompanists Guild and AMEB (NSW) takes no responsibility for the contents.
AMEB (NSW) is delighted to offer an exciting new syllabus commencing in 2016. The Musical Theatre syllabus has been created by industry experts from around Australia and showcases the best of international musical theatre repertoire as well as Australian compositions at every grade level.
The following videos provide more information about the syllabus.
- Creating a Musical Theatre program for Australia
- Choosing songs for AMEB Musical Theatre
- The Girl I Mean to Be, Preliminary repertoire option
- Creating well-rounded performers - beyond repertoire
Music studios for hire
AMEB (NSW) has a number of music studios available for hire during office hours.
AMEB is now in partnership with Rockschool www.rockschool.ameb.edu.au to deliver Rockschool exams and syllabuses in Australia.
Rockschool is a vibrant, contemporary music program of exams and qualifications for guitar, bass, drums, vocals, piano, band-based keyboards and bands. Based in the UK, Rockschool specialises in music of the most popular genres in a range of rock, pop, metal and funk styles. Its qualifications are globally recognised with tens of thousands of exams conducted in the UK and 33 countries around the world.
- Letter of Attainment Form
- Change of Teacher Form
- Request for Transfer Form
- Change Form: Subject, Grade or Syllabus
- Scheduling Request Form
- Replacement Certificate
- Replacement Certificate – Archive Retrieval Form
- Report Request
- Record of Teachers Candidates Results Form
- Music studios hire booking forms
- AMEB (NSW) Past Papers Order form
- AMEB (NSW) Keyboard Order Form
- AMEB (NSW) Strings Order Form
- AMEB (NSW) Woodwind Order Form
- AMEB (NSW) Brass Order Form
- AMEB (NSW) Singing & Musical Theatre Order Form
- AMEB (NSW) CPM & Percussion Order Form
- Rockschool Product Order Form
AMEB NSW newsletter
Credit card surcharge announcement
All NSW Government agencies are required to impose surcharges to recoup their merchant interchange fees.
AMEB (NSW) wish to notify all of their customers that effective from 1 January 2013, all transactions (including all 2013 enrolments) paid by credit card will incur a 0.4% surcharge.