NewsTime to clean up your YouTube account
Please delete old videos from YouTube
NewsNo ID needed for Grade 8 Video exams
Changes to ID requirements for Video Repertoire exams
NewsDetails make the difference
Improve your attention to detail with current syllabus details and exam Read more...
NewsVale Ruth Fitzgerald
NewsGuaranteed exam option
Video Repertoire exams a guaranteed exam option in 2022
LATEST COVID-19 NEWS AND UPDATES
AND THE IMPACT ON AMEB (NSW) EXAMS
Information as at 31/03/2022
Please continue to check this page for updated information.
AMEB (NSW) will be acting in accordance with official advice regarding COVID-19 from health authorities NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health and adhering to Sydney stay at home rules.
Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of all AMEB candidates, accompanists, examiners and administrative personnel.
WHICH GRADES WILL BE EXAMINED FACE-TO-FACE IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2022?
Music practical exams - All grades
- From August for metro exams, and from June for regional exams, music practical exams will be held for all Grades, Certificates and Diplomas at AMEB (NSW) venues* and other external venues, subject to sufficient enrolments and Public Health Orders at the time.
Speech and Drama practical exams - All grades
- Practical Speech and Drama exams for all Grades, Certificates and Diplomas will be held at AMEB (NSW) venues* and other external venues, subject to sufficient enrolments and Public Health Orders at the time.
* AMEB (NSW) venues are AMEB Clarence Street Studios, Sydney Conservatorium, JMC Academy and Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre
Video Repertoire exams will remain the only guaranteed exam option in 2022. Teachers should make themselves aware of the requirements for Repertoire exams and ensure that their students are prepared to sit for a Video Repertoire exam, if necessary.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AMEB (NSW) may find it necessary to cancel face-to-face exams in 2022 at short notice. All scheduled face-to-face exams held are subject to the availability of examiners and studio supervisors. The re-scheduling of cancelled face-to-face exams will not be possible, and candidates will be given the option to transfer to Video Repertoire exams or accept a refund of enrolment fees.
Ensure that you subscribe to our newsletter and always check the website for the most up-to-date information.
HOW IS AMEB (NSW) REDUCING THE RISK OF COVID-19 AT VENUES?
Whilst the NSW government no longer requires businesses to create and keep COVID Safe plans, AMEB (NSW) is working hard to keep our candidates, examiners and staff as safe as possible.
AMEB (NSW) is choosing to:
- require all examiners and staff members to be double vaccinated
- strongly recommend that all examiners, staff, candidates and accompanying persons wear face masks, except when performing
- request anyone playing a piano to sanitise their hands first
- regularly clean frequent touch points such as door handles
- request that any examiners, staff, or candidates with COVID-like symptoms not attend the exam. If a visitor arrives and displays cold or flu symptoms, they will be asked to leave. They should contact the AMEB (NSW) office as soon as possible.
AMEB (NSW) requests that:
- candidates bring their own pen and eraser
- woodwind and brass candidates bring a towel to manage their own expiration
- all attendees do not bring food or beverages other than bottled water into the venue.
CURRENT ADVICE REGARDING CERTIFICATES
Delays to the delivery of certificates may be affected by longer delivery times from Australia Post. AMEB (NSW) continues to work towards meeting the usual result timeline of up to four weeks. We thank you for your patience and understanding given the current circumstances.