NewsClarinet additional works
Manual lists for Level 3 have been refreshed.
NewsFlute Series 4
AMEB has launched a new series of flute grade books to enhance the current Read more...
NewsAMEB Written subjects explained
Why do written? Which syllabus?
NewsOboe additional works
Manual lists for grades 6 and over have been refreshed.
NewsPlaying music together
Information about accompaniment, page turners and more.
LATEST COVID-19 NEWS AND UPDATES
AND THE IMPACT ON AMEB (NSW) EXAMS
Information as at 26/08/2022
Please continue to check this page for updated information.
AMEB (NSW) will be acting in accordance with official advice regarding COVID-19 from health authorities NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health and adhering to Sydney stay at home rules.
Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of all AMEB candidates, accompanists, examiners and administrative personnel.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE COVID-19 AND CANNOT ATTEND MY EXAM?
DO NOT ATTEND AN EXAM if you have had a positive PCR or RAT COVID-19 test result within 7 days prior to your exam date, or if you have any of the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- fever (37.5 degrees Celsius or higher)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
- runny nose
- loss of taste
- loss of smell
- other flu-like symptoms
or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
Contact the AMEB (NSW) office as soon as possible, and within 5 business days of the exam. You will be able to apply for a medical transfer by completing the Transfer Request form, along with the transfer fee.
Video Repertoire exams will remain the only guaranteed exam option in 2022. Teachers should make themselves aware of the requirements for Repertoire exams and ensure that their students are prepared to sit for a Video Repertoire exam, if necessary.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AMEB (NSW) may find it necessary to cancel face-to-face exams in 2022 at short notice. All scheduled face-to-face exams held are subject to the availability of examiners and studio supervisors. The re-scheduling of cancelled face-to-face exams will not be possible, and candidates will be given the option to transfer to Video Repertoire exams or accept a refund of enrolment fees.
Ensure that you subscribe to our newsletter and always check the website for the most up-to-date information.
HOW IS AMEB (NSW) REDUCING THE RISK OF COVID-19 AT VENUES?
Whilst the NSW government no longer requires businesses to create and keep COVID Safe plans, AMEB (NSW) is working hard to keep our candidates, examiners and staff as safe as possible.
AMEB (NSW) is choosing to:
- require all examiners and staff members to be double vaccinated
- strongly recommend that all examiners, staff, candidates and accompanying persons wear face masks, except when performing
- request anyone playing a piano to sanitise their hands first
- regularly clean frequent touch points such as door handles
- request that any examiners, staff, or candidates with COVID-like symptoms not attend the exam. If a visitor arrives and displays cold or flu symptoms, they will be asked to leave. They should contact the AMEB (NSW) office as soon as possible.
AMEB (NSW) requests that:
- candidates bring their own pen and eraser
- woodwind and brass candidates bring a towel to manage their own expiration
- all attendees do not bring food or beverages other than bottled water into the venue.
CURRENT ADVICE REGARDING CERTIFICATES
Delays to the delivery of certificates may be affected by longer delivery times from Australia Post. AMEB (NSW) continues to work towards meeting the usual result timeline of up to four weeks. We thank you for your patience and understanding given the current circumstances.